I hope this letter finds you in good health and in high spirits.
Today, I introduce to you an initiative close to my heart: a Women’s Self-Defense Class aimed at empowering and equipping each one of you with the skills and confidence to navigate life’s challenges, fearlessly.
Life has a way of throwing unexpected challenges our way, and feeling safe and confident in those moments is something we all deserve. That’s what drives me to coach these classes and provide this as a tool to not just foster defense techniques, but also for discovering your inner strength, building unshakable confidence, and connecting with a community that’s got your back. I believe that everyone has the right to feel empowered and secure, especially women.
In America, an astonishing 1 in 4 women falls victim to abuse. This is an alarming reality that we cannot ignore, and it serves as a stark reminder that taking charge of our safety is of utmost importance. (Fitness Trainer, Fall 2021).
The Mean Girls’ culture continues to rear its ugly head, and it is crucial to break free from its grasp. Our Women’s Self-Defense Class focuses on cultivating the “2 C’s and 3 D’s” – Committed, Consistent, Discipline, Determination, and Dedication – all integral qualities that lead to unwavering confidence.
- Committed: Commitment is the foundation of success. By enrolling in this class, you make a commitment to yourself – a promise to prioritize your safety and well-being.
- Consistent: Regular practice is essential to internalize the techniques and build muscle memory. Consistency reinforces the confidence to react instinctively when facing a threat.
- Discipline: Discipline extends beyond showing up to class. It is about nurturing a focused mindset, following through on training, and embracing a warrior spirit that can tackle any challenge.
- Determination: When motivation wanes, determination keeps the fire burning. Determination means pushing through the tough moments and believing in your ability to persevere.
- Dedication: Dedication is the unwavering commitment to our personal growth and safety. With dedication, we embrace the challenges as opportunities for growth, and face them head-on, with a determined spirit.
Our Women’s Self-Defense Class goes beyond teaching physical techniques; it offers a holistic approach to self-empowerment. As you embark on this journey, you will develop, not only
physical strength, but also mental resilience, fostering a sense of control over your life and surroundings.
With 40 years of training in martial arts, self-defense, and defensive tactics, I am a ranked Muay Thai level 2 teacher from Sityodtong, a boxing coach, hold a Black belt in Kenpo Karate, and a long time student in Filipino Martial Arts. My expertise extends to working with police departments, domestic violence shelters, and military personnel on defensive tactics and conditioning, both locally and globally.
In our first four-week program, you will receive comprehensive training that is easily digestible and practical for all. Whether you are a mother, daughter, girlfriend, or anyone who desires to feel empowered and secure, this program is designed to equip you with essential self-defense skills.
Phase 1: Real World Self Defense for Women
Duration: 4 weeks (1 free trial class)
Class Schedule: Tuesday at 530 pm, Wednesdays at 6:30 PM and Saturdays at 11:30 AM Location: Thrive Wellness Center, 4372 Post Rd, East Greenwich, RI 02818
Option 1: $99 per person for three classes
Option 2: Special group rate – Pay in full $399 for two people ($199 each!) for the full 4 weeks
Don’t miss this opportunity to take charge of your safety and well-being. The program starts on July 26, at 6:30 PM, and July 29, at 11:30 AM. Only 22 spots are left, so secure your place now!
For more information on the class or to reserve your spot, feel free to call me at 508-404-8503, or visit the website www.BurnWithKearns.com. Empower yourself today, and be prepared to face any challenge that comes your way!
Stay strong, confident, and safe!
Coach Kevin Kearns,
P.S Workout with me daily with our new Burn With Kearns Fitness Vault